Tuesday, October 28, 2003

once again i turn to blogger when it is late. it is 12:40am to be exact. or something like that. i set my watch ahead by fifteen or twenty minutes, but i really don't have a clue which one it is. i think i like the suspence or it just keeps me from being super late to everything in my life.

another week of graduate school has rolled on by and i think back and wonder what did i do this week. i know that i filled my time with bazillions of things, but i never remember what they are. okay. i'll see if i can do this. i think i have an earlly form of alzehimers or something. if i do, do i get to be a senior citzen when i become thirty? that would be pretty rockin. free coffee and low cost admittance to art museums and disneyland. and all the Depends i can muster.

enough of my chatter. let's get down to what you came for: me and NY and what the hell i do here. yep. sure. rock.

monday: did a bookbinding workshop. it was cool. we learned the kettle stitch. i sat by lauren and mark who were highly entertaining. mark was loopy with hunger so lauren and i feed him crackers and helped him make his book. (mark is a little bookmaking impared, but we still love him.) i am sure i did other stuff on this day, but i can't remember.

tuesday: we all presented our box projects. most people liked mine. they thought it was well thought out and interesting. got some good advice. now i just need to make it happen. scary. i spend a ton of time last week getting supplies to build the instruments. as of yesterday, i got everything i need. poser tools here i come!!!! (for those of you who need a small fresher on what the hell i am talking about, i am making a guitar, drums and thumb piano out of cigar boxes and wine crates. then i am going play/record them with my friend steve and make a small cd. finally, i will package the entire thing in a cigar box. volia!)

wednesday: presented the magazine that i came up with. milton didn't like it,bt i don't think he understood it. i did a cooking/enteratining magazine that was like readymade. had the same design style and attitude. don't know of any cooking magazines like that. a handful of people came up after calss and told me that they thought milton was wrong and that my idea would work. that was nice.

thursday: david rees came to speak. sooooo fucking funny!!!!! i loved him!!! go buy his books!! he is the guy that does my new fighting technique is unstoppable and get your war on. check out www.mnftiu.cc. thursday night, stefan was not there, but my lovely matius was there. (sagmeisters assistant) he was great. super truthful about liking something, but he was good at refining ideas and making them stronger.

friday:presented our websites. mine was a personal site for myself to showcase my work. it was cute, strange, pink and had lots of bunnies on it. oh, and a terrible photo of me from when i was 10. worked more at night and then went out for drinks.

saturday: worked most of the day on my book that was due on monday. went to a show at night. it was for the weakerthans. (one of my favorite bands. also the band that i redesigned the cd for my cd class.) i found one of the band member and gave him the redesiged cd. he total love it. he kept telling me how beautiful it was and how he couldn't believe how much time i had spent on it. the show was amazing. it was at CBGB which was rad just by itself. i called val on the first weakerthans song and left her a message telling her that through the greatness of technology she was now with me in NY at a weakerthans show at CBGBs. (val turned me on to the weakerthans. she was my show buddy. we always went to their shows together.)

sunday:more work. met up with jeff t. and we went to go find cigar boxes. got four free boxes (saved $16!!) cuz the saleslady makes drums out of her cigar boxes too. she gave her card and wanted to hear and see the final product. then we went and got beers and burgers. spent the rest of the evening finishing up my book.

monday (today): finished up book. worked in the library. worked on the magazing that is due on wednesday.

good stuff this past week: getting care packages from friends. lisa sent sweaters and good music. (can't stop listening to the paybacks or JET.) and josh sent me candy, cheese, a candle, a winter hat, music and a rooster pictures. oh, and his love. it got warm here. i could not wear a coat! wooo!! wandering around NY with jeff. totally amusing and sweet. reading my new fighting technique is unstoppable out loud with natalie on wednesday. (we were a bit tipsy.) working with steve on the box project. just as excitetd about it as me.

now. sleep. must get up early tomorrow to shoot pictures of lauren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home